Scholarship Contact: Reynila Calderon-Magbuhat
Click on the links below to find information regarding scholarships. Please pay attention to deadlines and requirements. For questions regarding any of these scholarships, please contact Ms. Reynila Calderon-Magbuhat in the counseling center.
Scholarship Counselor – Ms. Calderon-Magbuhat
Interested in $ for college? Apply for scholarships! There is a lot of money handed out each year in scholarships; however, you must apply.
Scholarships will be posted on:
The scholarship bulletin (See link at the bottom)
2) Jupiter Ed Email – Scholarships will be posted as we receive them (sometimes daily)
What can you do now to prepare for Scholarships as they are posted during the 2021-2022 school year?
1) Request two –three letters of recommendation from people who know you well (not relatives). Maybe a teacher, counselor, or an employer. Always give these people at least a two week notice and prepare a resume for them so they know what activities you’re involved in.
2) Request at least 2 official transcripts from our school registrar, Graciela Palomino.
3) Submit as many community service hours possible to your social science teacher. Some scholarships may want students to have a good amount of community service hours, not only the 30 hours required to graduate.
The community service requirement for Class of 2022 is WAIVED
4) Check our school website, Bonita Vista Counselors Facebook (@BVHcounselors), or Instagram (bvh_counselors) and review all scholarships posted. Some of the scholarships have certain requirements that you must meet (such as GPA) in order to apply.