Scholarship Contact: Olga Castro
Click on the links below to find information regarding scholarships. Please pay attention to deadlines and requirements. For questions regarding any of these scholarships, please contact Ms. Olga Castro in the counseling center.
Scholarship Counselor – Ms. Castro
Interested in $ for college? Apply for scholarships! There is a lot of money handed out each year in scholarships; however, you must apply.
Scholarships will be posted :
1) Our school website: bvh.sweetwaterschools.org
Go to our official site and click on “students”. Scroll down and click on “Counseling Center”. Scroll down and click on “Scholarships”.
2) Jupiter Ed Email – Scholarships will be posted as we receive them (sometimes daily)
What can you do now to prepare for Scholarships as they are posted during the 2018-2019 school year?
1) Request two –three letters of recommendation from people who know you well (not relatives). Maybe a teacher, counselor, or an employer. Always give these people at least a two week notice and prepare a resume for them so they know what activities you’re involved in.
2) Request at least 2 official transcripts from our school registrar, Graciela Palomino.
3) Submit as many community service hours possible to your social science teacher. Some scholarships may want students to have a good amount of community service hours, not only the 30 hours required to graduate.
4) Check our school website, twitter, or Instagram and review all scholarships posted. Some of the scholarships have certain requirements that you must meet (such as GPA) in order to apply.