Scholarship Contact: Reynila Calderon-Magbuhat
Click on the links below to find information regarding scholarships. Please pay attention to deadlines and requirements. For questions regarding any of these scholarships, please contact Ms. Reynila Calderon-Magbuhat in the counseling center.
Scholarship Counselor – Ms. Calderon-Magbuhat
Interested in $ for college? Apply for scholarships! There is a lot of money handed out each year in scholarships; however, you must apply.
Scholarships will be posted on:
The scholarship bulletin (See link at the bottom)
2) Jupiter Ed Email – Scholarships will be posted as we receive them (sometimes daily)
What can you do now to prepare for Scholarships as they are posted during the 2019-2020 school year?
1) Request two –three letters of recommendation from people who know you well (not relatives). Maybe a teacher, counselor, or an employer. Always give these people at least a two week notice and prepare a resume for them so they know what activities you’re involved in.
2) Request at least 2 official transcripts from our school registrar, Graciela Palomino.
3) Submit as many community service hours possible to your social science teacher. Some scholarships may want students to have a good amount of community service hours, not only the 30 hours required to graduate.
4) Check our school website, Bonita Vista Counselors Facebook (@BVHcounselors), or Instagram (bvh_counselors) and review all scholarships posted. Some of the scholarships have certain requirements that you must meet (such as GPA) in order to apply.