Scholarship Contact: Reynila Calderon-Magbuhat
Click on the links below to find information regarding scholarships. Please pay attention to deadlines and requirements. For questions regarding any of these scholarships, please contact Ms. Olga Castro in the counseling center.
Scholarship Counselor – Ms. Calderon-Magbuhat
Interested in $ for college? Apply for scholarships! There is a lot of money handed out each year in scholarships; however, you must apply.
Scholarships will be posted :
1) Our school website: bvh.sweetwaterschools.org
Go to our official site and click on “students”. Scroll down and click on “Counseling Center”. Scroll down and click on “Scholarships”.
2) Jupiter Ed Email – Scholarships will be posted as we receive them (sometimes daily)
What can you do now to prepare for Scholarships as they are posted during the 2019-2020 school year?
1) Request two –three letters of recommendation from people who know you well (not relatives). Maybe a teacher, counselor, or an employer. Always give these people at least a two week notice and prepare a resume for them so they know what activities you’re involved in.
2) Request at least 2 official transcripts from our school registrar, Graciela Palomino.
3) Submit as many community service hours possible to your social science teacher. Some scholarships may want students to have a good amount of community service hours, not only the 30 hours required to graduate.
4) Check our school website, Bonita Vista Counselors Facebook (@BVHcounselors), or Instagram (bvh_counselors) and review all scholarships posted. Some of the scholarships have certain requirements that you must meet (such as GPA) in order to apply.
BVHS SCHOLARSHIP BULLETIN- August 13, 2019
NAME: Elks Lodge Teenager of the Month
DEADLINE: August 15, 2019 (for the September application)
CRITERIA: High school senior attending college or university in fall 2020.
Name: Fundera Scholarship
Criteria: Open to seniors. Must submit a 3-minute video explaining how they would grow a local small business frugally.
Deadline: January 1, 2020 for the Spring semester award
Here is a link to the scholarship page: https://www.fundera.com/resources/fundera-scholarship
NAME: Filipino American Law Enforcement Officers Association San Diego Chapter (FALEO-SD) 2019 Jonathan “JD” DeGuzman Scholarship
DEADLINE: Friday, October 4, 2019
CRITERIA: Open to seniors only
Name: Golden Door Scholarship
Amount: to be determined
Due: September 16, 2019
Criteria: Open to high performing seniors with DACA status
Name: BBB Ambassador Scholarship
Amount: $1,000 – $2,500
Due: October 31, 2019
Criteria: Open to grades 9-12
Name: El Dabe Ritter Scholarship
Due: June 30, 2020
Criteria: College bound seniors, must have 3.0 GPA