Dear BVH Parents and Students,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. As you are probably aware, we will begin the school year on Distance Learning. The Daily Schedule is available HERE. This Friday, July 31st students will be able to log onto the Infinite Campus portal to check their schedules. In addition, I will be emailing all students their schedules, along with a link to a schedule change request online form, in case there is a mistake on the schedule. School begins on Monday, August 3rd at 9:00 a.m. All students will be receiving an email from their teachers with information on how to join their Google Classroom and on how to log into a Video Conference either through Microsoft Teams or Google Meets. Below is some information that you will need to be aware of:
- Counselors are working on schedule changes and balancing. We ask for your patience on questions related to college planning, financial aid, college apps, and SAT. As soon as we receive the latest and most accurate information from the universities, we will communicate with you and set up a scheduled time for appointments. Please follow us on both Jupiter and Google Classroom as our main platforms for all the information you need. Instagram and Facebook will be used mainly for announcements and reminders.
- Textbook distribution begins August 10. Be on the look out for an email from our school librarian with more information. Students will be assigned a date and time to pick up their textbooks
- For those students without devices (mostly 9th graders and students without devices), devices will be issued on Thursday, July 30th at Otay Ranch High School. Click HERE for details. There is a distribution schedule on the second page.
- If you have a laptop that needs repair, click HERE to review the details on drop off and repair. It includes an online form that will need to be filled out.
- There will be a new student orientation video sent out on Friday, July 31st. All incoming 9th graders and new students will be expected to view the video before class on Monday.
- HERE is the link to our Student Handbook. Please take some time reviewing it.
- Every student has an assigned counselor and assistant principal. Click HERE to find your counselor and AP’s email address in case you have any questions.
- Athletics facilities remain closed until further notice. Click HERE for a memo with regarding the most resent communications from CIF.
- If you had PE last school year, be on the lookout for an email from our PE department with information on when to pick up your PE clothes from your locker.
- If you have not yet completed registration, please do so immediately. Click HERE for more information on how to complete online registration.
- We are asking all families to take a few minutes to fill out a Free and Reduced Meal Application through the Infinite Campus parent portal HERE. You can get more information regarding Free and Reduce Lunch program by visiting our Nutrition Services website. We also have meal application tutorial HERE for your support.
- The community service for the senior class of 2021 has been waived. Seniors will not be required to complete community service in order to graduate.
I know the list of questions is long. If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at Roman.DelRosario@sweetwaterschools.org. I believe in our community and our combined strength is more powerful than any pandemic. We will get through this challenging time together. Be safe and I look forward to supporting you and your child. Go Barons!
Roman Del Rosario, Ed.D.
Bonita Vista High School